Consumer Disclosure Regarding Conducting Business Electronically, Receiving Electronic Notices and Disclosures, and Signing Documents Electronically
Please read the following information, by proceeding forward and signing this document you are agreeing that you have reviewed the following consumer disclosure information and consent to transact business using electronic communications, to receive notices and disclosures electronically, and to utilize electronic signatures in lieu of using paper documents.
You are not required to receive notices and disclosures or sign documents electronically. If you prefer not to do so, you may request to receive paper copies and withdraw your consent at any time as described below.
- Definition of Terms. The words “we,” “us,” and “our” means Sullivan Bank. The words “you” and “your” means each person or entity that is a party to an account.
- Types of Electronic Communications You Will Receive. We may provide to you, at our discretion, any notices, disclosures or other documents (a “Document”) relating to an Account only in electronic form unless we are required by law to provide the Document in paper form. Such Documents include, without limitation, statements and notices, information about the Account, activity or inactivity in an Account, fees, legal disclosures, payments made or due, IRS interest statements and changes in the terms, conditions or rules applicable to an Account. You will not receive electronically any notice of default, acceleration, repossession, foreclosure, or eviction, or reinstate or redeem under a credit agreement, or any other communications we determine, in our sole discretion, to send in paper form.
- Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form. If we provide a Document to you electronically we may do so either: (1) by e-mail at the address you provide us; or (2) by notifying you that a Document is available in a designated website; or (3) to the extent permitted by law, by posting the Document on a web site that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose. All electronic communications will be considered to be “in writing”.
- Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view and retain electronic communications that we make available to you, you must have access to certain minimum technology requirements. You can find those technology requirements at https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/system-requirements.html.
- Changes to Hardware and Software Requirements. If our hardware or software requirements changes, these changes will be posted on our website*. If the change creates a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain your Electronic Records, we will give you notices of the revised hardware or software requirements. Continuing to use the Electronic Services after receiving notice of the change is reaffirmation of your consent.
- How to Withdraw Your Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic documents, notices or disclosures at any time. In order to withdraw consent, contact us by e-mail or by regular mail at the addresses in Paragraph 14. Any termination of your consent to receive electronic communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your request. We may charge you fees for providing hard copy documents.
- Our Right to Terminate or Change this Agreement. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue providing Documents electronically and to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide Documents electronically, including any applicable discounts of service fees for receiving Documents electronically. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change to the extent required by law, or not less than 30 days’ notice if there is no special provision in the law. We may provide such notice electronically in the same way we make other Documents.
- Requesting Paper Copies. We will not send you a paper copy of any Document that is delivered electronically unless you request a paper copy or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of a Document from us provided that such request is made no later than five years after we first provided the Document to you electronically. To request a paper copy contact us in person at any of our branch locations or by any other method listed in Paragraph 14. We may charge you a $5.00 fee for each Document.
- Retaining Copies of Documents. You should print or download any electronically delivered Document that is important to you just as you would save a copy of an important paper Document.
- How to Update Your Records. It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete e-mail address and other contact information related to your Accounts, and to update us promptly if there are any changes in this information. You can update such information by contacting us in person at any of our branch locations or by any other method listed in Paragraph 12. If you fail to update or change an incorrect e-mail address or other contact information you agree that we can continue delivering Documents to the most recent address we have on our records until you update your information.
- Federal Law. You agree that our electronic delivery of Documents to you relates to transactions affecting interstate commerce and therefore that such communications are subject to the Federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act. You and we both intend that the Act will apply to the fullest extent possible to authorize our ability to conduct business with you by electronic communications.
- Security. We will provide you with passwords or identification codes to use in getting online information about Accounts. It is your responsibility to be sure that you keep these passwords or codes confidential. You should not share your passwords or codes with anyone else. We will have no liability to you if anyone obtains information about your Accounts using your password or codes. If you believe that your password and or codes have been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised, you must contact us immediately by e-mail or telephone (followed up by written notice) as provided in Paragraph 14. It is your responsibility to maintain such security systems for your computer as are appropriate to prevent unauthorized use of your computer.
- Acknowledgment of Consent. As required by the E-Sign Act, you must reasonably demonstrate you can access the information provided in the electronic form that will be used to provide the information that is the subject of the consent. In order to complete this transaction electronically, we need your consent to use electronic records and signatures. We will provide you with all the necessary equipment, as well as any assistance you may require to complete this transaction in our branch or office. If you do not consent to the use of electronic records and signatures, you will be unable to proceed electronically, and may be unable to complete this transaction.
- Contacting Us. You may contact us in person at any of our branch locations or by one of the following options to request paper copies, withdraw consent, and update contact information:
Phone: (573) 468-3191 or 1-800-645-3191
Postal Mail: Sullivan Bank
PO Box 489
Attn: Customer Service
Sullivan, MO 63080
E-mail: [email protected]